8 Things You Need To Know About Microblading
8 Things you Need to Know About Microblading
Sponsored by Ultra Brows
Eyebrows have been a way for women to change their looks for centuries. The history of eyebrow trends is very fascinating. In the 80’s, brows were thick and ungroomed – think Brooke Shields. In the 90’s eyebrows went thin and over tweezed which left many of us today unable to achieve the look of the present day big arched, full brows of the models on the runways and pages of magazines. In comes microblading. A way for all of us 90’s girls to achieve these dark, full statement brows we so love and envy. Here are some things you should know before you go under the blade.
1) Microblading is a two-step process. No matter what you hear or are told, microblading takes two procedures to achieve the end goal. The first step is your initial appointment where you get to design the eyebrows of your dreams with your consultant. Together, with your microblading artist, you will choose the shape, color, curve and definition of your brows – so do your homework. Once you get the first session completed you are on your way, BUT the second step is equally as important. Four to six weeks after your first appointment you will go in for a “touch up” to go over the lines and do any modifications that are necessary. Both steps ensure you will LOVE your new brows.
2) Microblading is not permanent. As much as you will love your new brows this procedure only last for one to three years depending on care and maintenance.
3) Everyone is a candidate for microblading. There isn’t a person out there who wouldn’t be a good candidate for this procedure. There are a few circumstances that would require a doctor’s note before you could proceed, but everyone is eligible. Cancer, Hemophilia, Pregnancy and breastfeeding are a few of these reasons for doctor’s approval.
4) It is not the same as tattooing. Microblading is the process of implanting pigment into the basal membrane which divides the epidermis from the dermis layer of the skin to create fuller looking brows. There will be no whir of a tattoo gun at your appointment. Microblading is performed with a hand-held tool known as a pen that is used to create strokes in the brow. These strokes are filled in with pigment – not ink – which has a thicker consistency giving your brows more texture and creates fine and crisp strokes in the brows.
5) Your appointment will be 2 -3 hours. The process is timely and meticulous in order to choose the best customized shape for your face. Each session is customized to meet the client’s needs. Much of this time will be spent shaping your brows and choosing the texture and style you want. Another large portion is spent applying and waiting on the numbing cream to take effect.
6)It is almost painless. Before the artist begins working on your brows a topical numbing cream is applied to the area to minimize discomfort. You may feel slight tinges of discomfort, but overall the procedure is almost painless. That said, the most tormenting part of the process is choosing your shape.
7) Daily maintenance is minimal. Get up out of bed and out the door you go! The best benefit of this procedure is that you will have a 100% natural looking brow. Many clients claim to not have to touch their brows in the months following their microblading and others like to routinely visit their artist for touchups every 6 months. The good news is the choice is yours and you will LOVE your brows.
8) There is no downtime. Unlike many procedures we undergo these days you do not have to wear glasses or a hat when you leave the office. Many clients walk right out of the door and are ready to show off their new look.
Terra Frost, at Ultra Brows, is a premiere microblading artist. She is committed to providing exceptional service to patients seeking a custom, semi-permanent microbladed eyebrow. She is an elite professional with over 6 years as a licensed cosmetologist in the Charleston area. Currently, Terra is a certified Microblading Technician, having trained with top microblading artist in Miami. Naturally artistic, Terra’s microblading designs are personalized to each patient. Check out her most recent work under the Before and After tab, or click here to book your consultation today!