Charleston Police Arrest Man in Indecent Exposure Incidents
CHARLESTON, SC (WTAT-TV) — Charleston Police say they have made an arrest related to three indecent exposure incidents downtown.
The latest incident happened on Saturday, May 12th around 4:00 p.m.
According to CPD’s Charles Francis, a witness reported seeing a man sitting alone inside a vehicle touching himself as he watched three teenage girls walk north on King Street.
The witness provided dispatch with a description of the suspect and the vehicle.
Officers responded to the area and saw the vehicle traveling south on King Street and initiated a traffic stop.
The driver was identified as 31-year-old Matthew David Dobie of Magnolia Avenue.
After meeting with officers, the witness told them the suspect’s pants were pulled down and his shirt was pulled up at the time of the incident.
Based on the information provided, detectives say they were able to connect the suspect to two previously reported incidents of indecent exposure which occurred back in April.
On April 30th around 3:30 p.m., two teenage girls told police they saw a man fondling himself inside a vehicle on Rutledge Ave., between Morris Street and Cannon Street.
Four days earlier, around the very same time and location, three teenage girls reportedly saw a man fondling himself.
Dobie has been charged with three counts of indecent exposure. He was booked at the Al Cannon Detention Center.