Charleston County Parks Will Have You Shaggin’ on the Cooper
CHARLESTON, SC (FOX 24 NEWS NOW) — From reggae nights to triathlons to shaggin’ on the Cooper! There is no end to the fun Charleston County Parks has in store during the month of July.
Reggae Nights Summer Concert Series will be hosted at James Island County Park
– July 20th will feature Amani Smith and the Give Thanks Band, based out of Wilmington, NC.
– This event is open to all ages – chairs and blankets are welcome.
– Admission is $10 at the gate and free for Gold Pass members and children under age 12.
– This event will take place on Saturday, July 28th – the race starts at 7:15 a.m.
– James Island County Park
– Details: Presented in conjunction with our sponsor, Palmetto Tribe, our first Youth Triathlon race for ages 7-14. Ages 7-10 will complete a 100-yd. swim, 1.5-mi. bike, and a 1-mi. run.
Ages 11-14 will complete a 200-yd. swim, 6-mi. bike, and a 2-mi. run.
– Awards will be given to the top 3 males and top 3 females in the age groups of every two years.
Shaggin’ on the Cooper
– This event will take place Saturday, July 14th with the Sneakers, preceded by Friday Night Boogie.
– Ages 21 and up
– Located at the Mount Pleasant Pier
– Gates open at 7:00 p.m.; music starts at 8:00 p.m.