Support Local Veterans at the 2018 Holy City SwimJam
CHARLESTON, SC (FOX 24 NEWS NOW) — The Lowcountry is home to thousands of veterans from all branches of service.
These men and women have given their all to protect our freedom, and when their duty is over, it’s time for us to give back.
You can show your support during the 2018 Holy City SwimJam next month.
The event was founded by a former navy seal and endurance athlete, Troy Pusateri, who joined us with board member Natalie Grantham, to talk about the importance of giving back to our nation’s warriors and how you can get involved this September.
– Saturday, Sept. 8th
– Swim start: 8 a.m.
– Distance options: 1 mile, 2.5 mile, 5k
– Start location: beachfront next door to The Windjammer
– 1 mile: $60
– 2.5 mile: $80
– 5K: $100
– Registration includes:
– pre-swim snacks
– long-sleeve technical tee
– drawstring bag
– swim cap
– water bottle
– timing chip
– one entry to the benefit concert
– post-swim lunch from the rusty rudder
– Registration will be limited to 180 race participants
– bands at the jam will include:
– Triangle Bluegrass
– The Natty Grass Band
To learn more or register for the event, please click here.