Support The Ark of S.C. During Fun Harvest and Holiday Happenings
CHARLESTON, SC (FOX 24 NEWS NOW) – The Ark Alzheimer’s Family Support Services offers powerful tools for caregivers and patients and have some fun events during December.
Megan Severn, development director, and Michel’le Cathey, the special events coordinator, met with us in-studio to talk about how you can support this awesome organization through the harvest and holiday seasons.
The Ark is hosting harvest festivals in November that will include the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America’s National Memory Screening Program, hearing and screenings, fall risk assessment along with financial and legal aid.
Attendees will enjoy light refreshments, music and door prizes.
There will be representatives from senior living facilities, home care and community support resources.
The Ark will also host an inaugural Ugly Sweater 5K Dash in December.
– November 8th
– 2:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.
– Grace Lutheran Church – Summerville, S.C.
– November 17th
– 10:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
– First Baptist Church – Harleyville, S.C.
– Sponsored by Harleyville’s Loving Hearts Respite Care
– To reserve spot for memory screening, hearing screening, and/or fall risk assessment, please call 843-471-1360 or email email@example.com.
Inaugural Ugly Sweater 5K Dash
– December 1st
– 8:45 A.M. – 11:00 A.M
– St. Luke’s Lutheran Church – Summerville, S.C.